Tuesday, May 3, 2011

30 Weeks! So glad to be in the 30's

4 weeks ago the doctors were not betting on me making it this far.  It feels great to be in the 30's now and holding on another 4-6 weeks seems pretty easy.

Yesterday I was walking into my doctor appointment.  There is an orthodontist upstairs from my doctor.  As I was walking in a 17 year old boy wearing a Seaholm HS shirt saw my giant pregnant self waddling slowly towards the very large wooden door he was standing in front of. He looked right at me and moved aside...did not open the door for me. Then his father approached at the same time and said nothing to him. Manners are dead. Sydnee will never date a boy like that.

Now that I am 30 weeks, my doc wants me to get weekly NST (Non Stress Tests) done.  This is where they hook me up to 3 monitors for about an hour....1 for each baby heartbeat and 1 to monitor contractions.  Normally they do these in the doc office, but for twins I have to go to the outpatient testing at the hospital.    So that means 2 doc appts per week and 1 at the hospital.  Next week though I set up one of my ultrasound appts at the hospital so I can make 2 trips out instead of 3.  Hopefully I can plan a few more weeks like that.  Though the more monitoring these little ones get, the more at ease I feel.  So I am not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment