Tuesday, May 24, 2011

33 weeks, another hospital scare....but all is good

Well yesterday included a trip to labor and delivery at the hospital.  A routine doctor visit showed that things were progressing some.  My cervix had shortened to .7 mm  (100% effaced).  So my doc wanted to be safe and sent me to L&D to be monitored for a few hours to make sure that my few contractions were not causing me to dialate.  It was a lttle scary because this is what happened last time.  But after a few hours of monitors, they confirmed that no changes were being made.  My cervix was at 1.5 for 3 weeks prior ,so who knows....I might stay like this for another 3 weeks!  The magic number for babies to be safe is 34 weeks.  It feels great that we are only 1 week away from the "safe zone".  Studies show that babies born 35-37 weeks have just as much success in the long run as full term babies....even though they may spend some time initially in the NICU.

So now I am 1 cm dialted and 100% effaced and praying to hold on for 2 more weeks.  Kaul left for Iowa this morning and Sydnee went to stay with Nana.  He will be back tomorrow night, so no big deal.  But he has a big demo on June 6 so I am praying to hold on until after that!  So I am really making sure that I do not MOVE from this bed unless absolutely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment