Wednesday, April 6, 2011

26 weeks 1 day: moved to Antepartum

So after 2 days in labor and delivery I was transferred to the Antepartum unit where I was allowed bathroom and shower priveleges and food!  There I was monitored 3 times a day for 30-60 minutes each.  This was much easier than the 24 hour monitors in the other unit.  This room was quieter, less scary and slightly more comfortable bed....but not by much.  Doctors came through to do rounds anywhere from 6:00 am to 7:30 am and breakfast was served at 7:30 am.  And there was 3 different sets of doctors that came through each morning.  One set was a team of 5 or 6 people. 

The best part about being in this room though was that Sydnee could come visit.  Now that I wasn't hooked up to all kinds of things.  I will never forget her confused and scared little face when she first saw me in the hospital bed.  I let her get in bed with me and make the bed go up and down with the buttons and watch cartoons.  She even got to eat dinner in bed with me on my tray, so she thought it was sort of fun.  It was not easy for Kaul to take her home.  She left the room screaming and crying.  The 2nd day she visited she looked at me and asked...."mama, can you come home now?"  My heart broked in 1,000 pieces and I couldn't hold back the tears. 

After a very scary week, I was released on Saturday with orders to remain on bedrest at home for the remainder of the pregnancy.  Being confined to bed at home sounded like a much better alternative than a very uncomfortable hospital bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment