I was sitting at work this morning eagerly anticipating 12:00 for our 6th ultrasound. I never get sick of seeing these little miracles. The babies must have loved the muffin I had for breakfast because they were really kicking….”there’s a party in my tummy!” So I looked down at my belly and one kick was so big that I SAW my belly move for the first time. I remember the first time I saw my belly kick with Sydnee – I was about 26 weeks on lying on the beach in Sunny Isles, Florida. Ahh, that sounds nice right now. The babies must be excited for their big photo shoot today!
The ultrasound showed that both of our munchkins are doing great. Both still look healthy with all parts in place and functioning properly. We are definitely still having a boy and a girl as the ultrasound tech confirmed. It was clear as day…we could tell ourselves. Baby girl is on my left and is measuring exactly where she should be and baby boy on my right is measuring about a week bigger. I am feeling huge these days. I figure that the size each of the babies is now – I currently have the equivalent of a full term baby. So that makes feel a little better. I suppose I just compare too much to my first pregnancy. Kaul keeps kindly reminding me….HELLO …there are TWO in there. Frankly I don’t care if I look like a parade float, as long as I can keep these babies’ growing healthy, that is all that matters. I never realized how many more concerns (translated by a pregnant woman as ‘reasons to panic’) there are with a multiple pregnancy. I have found a great online chat board that has tons of MoM’s (Mothers of Multiples) with all different experiences. So there is always someone who understands. Really, anyone that has gone through a multiple pregnancy or is a MoM deserves a pat on the back and is part of a club that no outsiders can really understand. We scheduled our next ultrasound for 3 weeks from now. The next one after that (2 or 3 wks,) we are going to have a 4D ultrasound and take Sydnee with us. I think having the 4D ultrasound will be better for her to see the babies since the regular ones are pretty abstract…especially for a 2 ½ year old.
Yesterday we actually picked paint colors for our lower level of the house and narrowed down the babies’ room paint colors to 2. Kaul picked up samples of all of them. We are sold on the downstairs colors but have to test out the baby room colors tonight. Our 2nd crib is in and ready for pick up, so I am anxious to get the painting done!
No comments:
Post a Comment