Friday, February 25, 2011

20 weeks, 3 days: Nursery Planning

The babies are going nuts right now – there’s a party in my tummy!!
Picking the bedding for the boy crib to coordinate with our existing girl set has been quite the challenging task.  Picking bedding for one baby is no problem.  Choosing for 2 babies to coordinate but not match and add in the boy/girl combo and you have a challenge.  The process began with copy/pasting about 20 different pictures of bedding sets into a word document to see them next to our girl set.  Ended up, the bedding I thought would clash more in color with Sydnee’s old set looked the best in person.  Sydnee’s bedding was bright yellow with bright pink and green accents.  So I figured since the main color wasn’t pink, it would be wise to choose a boy set that the main color wasn’t blue.  Yeah, not easy.   So I ordered one that was mostly pale green with pale blue and green accents.  I also found another set with a very similar pattern and look to it as our girl set, but the colors were mostly bright blue with green and other accents.  So I ordered them both and when they arrived I laid out all 3 on the floor.  In person, the pale green set looked completely washed out and gross when placed next to the bright girl set.  The 2 sets of bright colors next to each other complimented and ‘played off’ each other very well!    But more importantly the bright blue set is the set that Sydnee and Kaul both chose.  So finally….the bedding dilemma has been solved! 
I am thinking of painting the walls a light / medium tan.  And the green in each set is almost identical.  So our chair, curtains, changing pad and accents will be in green.  I found some really cool circle decals for the main wall that will hold the 2 cribs.  I plan on getting them in 3 colors of chocolate (color of the furniture), white and green.  I ordered color samples of those so as soon as that gets here we can pick out a paint color and call the painter!  Oh and the 2nd crib should be in any day now!  Wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment