Monday, January 31, 2011

16w 6d: It’s a Boy! It’s a Girl! It’s 2 Healthy Babies!

We found out that we are having a boy and a girl!!  But most importantly both babies are completely normal looking and healthy.  It turns out that Baby B, which has always measured 5-7 days smaller than Baby A is the girl!   Just like I originally guessed….one is me and one is Kaul!  Both babies were laying transverse (side to side).  As soon as she put the monitor on my belly, baby A was in a position to show the goods and I was almost positive I saw a boy.  But I held my excitement until the end so she could measure all the important stuff.  Then at the end she confirmed Baby A was a boy and we both started crying.  Then she went to Baby B and Kaul said…”hey, I see the 3 lines, I think that one is a girl!”  He was right.  More tears followed.  We really did not care at all what the combination was.  But just to tie an identity to them and know that they are healthy made us so overwhelmingly happy. 

When we found out Sydnee was a girl we went straight to Carter’s and picked her out an outfit. So we decided to do that again.  Kaul picked out a baseball All Star sleeper for the boy and I picked a pink monkey sleeper for the girl.  Then we split up as I went to pick up groceries then Sydnee and Kaul went to work out.  When we both arrived home, Kaul had a surprise.  He stopped and got matching Air Jordan’s for all 3 kids.  He told Sydnee that they were her “big sister” shoes.  She proceeded to take the shoes and outfits for “Baby Brodder and Baby Sister” out of the packages and lay them out neatly.  Then she would bring them over to my belly and say “Here go!”  I can’t wait to see her in action with these babies.  She is already such a loving big sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment